Archive

Archive for March, 2017

Angular JS: Calling angular function from jQuery

Hi Friends,

Angular JS and jQuery are best companion and in most of the cases we need to use both of those to achieve some functionality.

I my case as well I was using jQuery UI tabs with Angular JS. Where tabs are manually added but in my case I wanted to call an angular function when tabs are getting changed.

The problem is tabs changed event was non-angular section and $scope was not available in the jQuery tab change event.

Solution:

We need to provide the ID property for controller div where we have defined ng-controller.

<div class="form-group" ng-controller="getTestCtrl" id="ctrlTest">

Then we can call the method from non-angular part of the JavaScript as well, in my case jQuery UI tabs change event.

angular.element('#ctrlTest').scope().GetTestData();

angular.element('#ctrlTest').scope().$apply();

Make sure to call $apply() method which triggers a $digest cycle after calling the function as we are not in Angular cope hence we need  to explicitly call $apply method to force the UI binding.

Advertisements

SharePoint: Access denied error while calling web service from JavaScript

March 6, 2017 2 comments

Hi Friends,

I would like to share one very specific while calling web service from JavaScript, we were getting exception. Important point to note here is the code is working very fine if we access the page on server. But we are getting JavaScript ‘Error: Access is denied.’ Error while accessing the web page from client machine through browser.

error1

We are getting exception where we are calling the web service.

After some analysis the error came out as HTTP and HTTPS mixed content issue.

In our case HTTPS is configured on load balancer level and on ISS 7 level we have HTTP only hence web service call is working fine.

While accessing from outside URL is getting accessed only with HTTPS and non-secured request is also redirected with secured.

Problem fund that we have used ‘_spPageContextInfo.webAbsoluteUrl’ variable which is providing the HTTP path as SharePoint is unaware with existence of HTTPS as it is configured on load balancer level.

‘_spPageContextInfo.webAbsoluteUrl’ is supposed to give HTTPS path if HTTPS configured on ISS 7 level but as in our case SSL is configured on load balancer hence SharePoint is unaware about SSL.

Solution:

We have checked the protocol of the browser request using ‘document.location.protocol’ and if it is HTTPS then we replaced HTTP with HTTPS from the output of ‘_spPageContextInfo.webAbsoluteUrl’

change

This solution is working fine both in the case of HTTPS and HTTP.

Though this scenario is very specific but still this may help someone to understand the issue better.