Archive

Posts Tagged ‘issue’

SharePoint 2013: Newly created rendition not working

Recently I was facing an issue with newly created rendition, I created new rendition but the images are not showing the newly created rendition on my development server, also in image picker we not able to see the newly created rendition.

After waiting for some time as well my newly created rendition not worked. After some investigation we figured out that as renditions was previously working fine means blob cache working as expected but after adding new rendition we found that it was not working.

Solution:

We need to flush the blob cache using PowerShell.

$webApplication = Get-SPWebApplication "http://mytestdomain.com";
[Microsoft.SharePoint.Publishing.PublishingCache]::FlushBlobCache($webApplication);

After flushing the blob cache we are now able to see newly added rendition. For more details please check https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg277249.aspx

Flush action will not be immediate, it will be queued.

Hope this will help, happy learning.

SharePoint 2013: Friendly URL’s in Publishing HTML Field is broken and showing FIXUPREDIRECT.ASPX as hyperlink in display template

June 12, 2014 4 comments

Hi Friends,

I came across a weird scenario recently, thought to share here so that it will be helpful for some of our friends.

Scenario:

In one of the article page we were having a Publishing HTML Field, content author added relative friendly URL as a hyperlink inside the field.  I.e. help/ithelp/lync

This page was supposed to be crawled and this Publishing HTML Field’s search managed property was used to display the column data in a search display template in content search web part (CBS).

The result displayed in content search web part was perfect except some of the hyperlinks are pointing to wrong pages.

The URL’s were pointing to FIXUPREDIRECT.ASPX page with some GUID’s as query string like following.

/_layouts/15/FIXUPREDIRECT.ASPX?WebId=1230beb8-10d2-46a2-b768-94948b2ea947&TermSetId=cebe5639-ae8c-4225-ab3b-aeb1a81fb09d&TermId=cec1896c-16e2-410f-a1f9-6b084e3b9890

Analysis of the issue:

After analysing the issue for couple of hours found that it is something related to managed metadata terms as the query string formed had termsetid and termId as query sting parameters.

Also we found that only the friendly URL’s ware broken. The magic happening while the page is getting saved and SharePoint tries to resolve the friendly URL with available terms and replacing the URL with FIXUPREDIRECT.ASPX URL and same gets crawled. It is nothing to do with search display template.

Workaround:

We tried to find out the solution to resolve this issue but no luck; we have tried workaround to replace the friendly relative URL with non-friendly URL and it worked for us.

help/ithelp/lync   TO   help/ithelp/lync.aspx

 

SharePoint 2013: Display template in content search web part not retaining selection

March 27, 2014 3 comments

Scenario: While adding content search web part in a page or page layout using all user web part. The selected display template while exporting web part is not retained the selection of custom display template and default display template gets selected if we create new page out of the page layout or page. I have verified couple of times in all user web part and it is correctly pointing to the display template like following-

~sitecollection/_catalogs/masterpage/Display Templates/Content Web Parts/Test_Item_Contacts.js

before_change

Solution:  Found out the problem with ~ symbol and solution is to replace it with ASCII equivalent & # 126 ; (Remove space)

~sitecollection/_catalogs/masterpage/Display Templates/Content Web Parts/Test_Item_Contacts.js

After_change