Archive

Posts Tagged ‘webservice call’

SharePoint: Access denied error while calling web service from JavaScript

March 6, 2017 2 comments

Hi Friends,

I would like to share one very specific while calling web service from JavaScript, we were getting exception. Important point to note here is the code is working very fine if we access the page on server. But we are getting JavaScript ‘Error: Access is denied.’ Error while accessing the web page from client machine through browser.

error1

We are getting exception where we are calling the web service.

After some analysis the error came out as HTTP and HTTPS mixed content issue.

In our case HTTPS is configured on load balancer level and on ISS 7 level we have HTTP only hence web service call is working fine.

While accessing from outside URL is getting accessed only with HTTPS and non-secured request is also redirected with secured.

Problem fund that we have used ‘_spPageContextInfo.webAbsoluteUrl’ variable which is providing the HTTP path as SharePoint is unaware with existence of HTTPS as it is configured on load balancer level.

‘_spPageContextInfo.webAbsoluteUrl’ is supposed to give HTTPS path if HTTPS configured on ISS 7 level but as in our case SSL is configured on load balancer hence SharePoint is unaware about SSL.

Solution:

We have checked the protocol of the browser request using ‘document.location.protocol’ and if it is HTTPS then we replaced HTTP with HTTPS from the output of ‘_spPageContextInfo.webAbsoluteUrl’

change

This solution is working fine both in the case of HTTPS and HTTP.

Though this scenario is very specific but still this may help someone to understand the issue better.

Advertisements